Sunday 29 March 2009

Diet Diary: Day Seven

The Journey Ends

Menu

Breakfast: Fried eggs with toast and coffee - sue me!

Lunch: None - see below

Supper: Yesterday's leftovers.

Snacks: None

Mother Hubbard knows nothing! If she hadn't been procreating so much, she'd be fine. Spare a thought for this poor Year Abroad student, forced to feed on the remains of his delicious meal from yesterday. Actually, spare nothing for me: I was planning to have the leftovers for lunch, but didn't because I got up at 4pm. I couldn't be bothered to make the chile sin carne (a little pun for all you Spanish speakers out there) I'd been planning for the entire week, but no matter, I'll have the proper thing sometime next week.

On the plus side, I'M DONE: What's more, I made it! I did not give in to succulent, protein-filled murder temptation, and avoided meat for an entire seven days! Part of the abstinence may have been due to lack of funds, but who cares! I still managed to spend a LOT less on food, this week, anyway, by buying new ingredients and avoiding expensive meat. I'm toying with this becoming a regular monthly thing, but I'll have to give that one more consideration. If I do, I'll probably not give up on chocolate and wine as well, since I had no comfort for the week.

Anyway, my final verdict is that vegetarianism is not for me - I always knew that - but a little change in diet every now and then can do a world of good. I do feel healthier (psychosomatic...?), but I've also been craving the dead animal for pretty much the entire time. I will not miss the régime...

Never mind your conscience, Lisa; just eat it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the cartoon.

    Have a vegetarian meal once a week. Your body won't miss the meat for a day.

    What do you study in Spain, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, well done for trying anyway. these things can be so hard to do. its like giving up on something ur addicted to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dusty - he studies the male Spaniard, mostly.

    ReplyDelete