Friday 19 June 2009

"Honey, I'm Home!"


Fred Flintstone (but, of course you already knew that...)

Well I'm finally back from exams and essay-writing. Did you miss me?

Once I get my results, in a week or so, my spanish university experience will be well and truly over, and I'll be forced to think about the academic future: my gradutation year at university looks like I'm in for some fantastic reading, but also lots of hard work. One of my freinds who has just finished described writing her end-of-degree dissertations as "a test of character"; and this coming year will not be the type of test you find on Facebook, that's for sure. Furthermore, the year will count for 50% of my entire degree! Half! That's a very big chunk of four years' worth of progressive study. I'm determined to get a good grade, so it will be a matter of applying myself or failing after all that time and energy spent on it.

Being in university in Spain has been a very interesting experience. As a foreign student, I've probably had a very different experience to that of my spanish counterparts, but living here as a student has certianly given me an insight into life here in general.

Anyway, this is all stating the obvious, and I haven't much more to say on the matter, really, since I'm not back home yet and won't be for a while. I leave Spain in late August or early September, and I'm looking for a few people who want English lessons, to prop up my bank balance while I'm here. Don't think it'll be all lazing in the sun on beaches: Madrid doesn't have any beaches, anyway, so I'll have to go to my friends' places in the coastal towns and cities. I intend to make full use of my remaing months here, and you can all expect to seeregular updates and commentary on my mundane little life.

Happy, now...?

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back dear boy! I always said the rumours of your death were greatly exaggerated...

    Perhaps you might teach me sum English, innit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite happy, yes.

    When is it that you're planning to come to the States? I remember some mention of it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to say this just once. No serious 9-5 job. Hopefully good friends. 2 or 3 months on the beach in Spain or trying to figure out a way to get there. No real responsibilties that can't be put on hold for a while. This will probably be some of the best weeks of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garçon - The rumours were perfectly reasonable. I faked my death for tax evasion purposes.

    TG-K - Thank you!

    Dusty - I won't be crossing the Atlantic until at least summer 2010, so don't roll out the red carpet just yet.

    Curious - I couldn't have put it better myself: here's to the first enjoyable summer I'll have had in years!

    ReplyDelete